JAVA I/O Developer
Location: Chantilly, VA
Clearance: Active TS/SCI U.S. Government Security Clearance.
Position Type: Full-Time Employee
Description: Join an elite group dedicated to continuous personal improvement as GCT is currently seeking Senior Level JAVA I/O Developer to work at our headquarters located in Chantilly, VA. The candidate will focus on developing cross platform media software with a focus on embedded systems.
The candidate will solve problems in performance, resource management, and scalability.
Apply knowledge of video and audio processing implemented in Java and C.
· Experience in video and/or audio system design and development.
· Java Advanced Imaging, Java 3D, Java NIO
· Oracle MultiMedia and Oracle Spatial experience.
· Superior understanding of imagery formats commonly used throughout the profession (NITF, CIB, GeoTIFF, etc.)
· Large-scale databases, data warehousing, and strategic information management,
· C++, C and assembler.
· API designs a major plus.
· Codec optimization and playback optimization experience a major plus.
· Familiar with common internet protocols and streaming network protocols a plus.
The success of Great-Circle Technologies depends on the success and well-being of its employees. GCT promotes work/life balance and encourages the overall well-being of each of its contributors. A comprehensive benefits package is provided, which currently include company paid single medical, dental, life, disability, and long-term care insurances, matching 401k plan, education assistance, 36 days off per year and much more!
Want to make a difference in the geospatial intelligence community?
How to Apply: Send your resume with cover letter in Word format TODAY to:
When applying, please use the following guidelines:
· Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email
· Include both a cover letter and resume in Word format
· Include both your email address and contact information in your resume
Great-Circle Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to confidentiality regarding all resume submittals.